AAICAMA—2012 Centennial Adoption Excellence Award Recipient
AAICAMA National Meeting: March 17 - 19, Washington, DC
This year's conference will focus on training to improve the administration of the ICAMA.
The sessions planned will include:
- Training—Using ICAMA 700 series forms and database
- Training—Medicaid State Plans
- Training—EPSDT and Title IV-E Adoption Assistance
- Training—SSI for Children with Adoption Assistance Agreements
- Training—Improving Interstate Practice
- Training—Using the Free Resources on the Child Welfare Information Gateway
To see the Preliminary Agenda click here.
To download the Registration Form click here.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Robyn Bockweg at: email@example.com.
Permanency Matters: December 2013 Issue Released
The third issue of Permanency Matters includes an article on how Connecticut has improved its preparation of foster and adoptive families for their journey through foster care to adoption.
Also included is information on a new report on national attitudes toward adoption from foster care and resources from National Adoption Month.
To download the December edition of Permanency Matters click here.
AAICAMA encourages all readers of the Permanency Matters to send their ideas, advice and corrections to staff. Send your ideas and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to AAICAMA's New Executive Committee
Diane Savage, Rhode Island (January 2014 - December 2015)
Adrian Owens, Georgia (January 2014 - December 2015)
BJ Miller Kirkland, West Virginia (January 2014 - December 2015)
- Brenda Duchow, Wisconsin (January 2014 - December 2014)
- Jennifer Kobel, Ohio (January 2014 - December 2015)
- Sara Lovorn, Kentucky (January 2013 - December 2014)
- Connie Vigil, Colorado (January 2014 - December 2015)
- Rita White, Virginia (January 2014 - December 2015)
- Faye Wilson, Alabama (January 2013 - December 2014)
To download the complete Executive Committee list with contact information click here.
Recognition of the 2013 Nominations and Election Committee
The Executive Committee, Secretariat staff, and all the members of AAICAMA would like to publically thank the Nominations and Election Committee for doing a great job running the 2013 AAICAMA election. Please be sure to thank the members of this hard-working group when you speak with them.
The committee members are:
- Sara Lovorn (KY), Chair
- Yvonne Hill (AK), Vote Receipt and Tally
- Vicki Davis (TN)
- Moirhain Martin (NV)
- Tracey Parker (IA)
AAICAMA Begins IDs (User Names) and Password Implementation
for Access to the Series 700 Form
ICAMA members have received an outline of the process for assigning access to the ICAMA 700 series form.
Below are a few of the questions we've received about this process:
- Each state will determine who will have access to the ICAMA 700 series form States can have as many IDs (user names) and passwords as they require.
- Each state will designate one person, by ICAMA title, who will be responsible for keeping track of the IDs(user names) and passwords. This designee will be the contact point for the secretariat.
- All passwords must be HIPAA compliant.
- AAICAMA will schedule training webinars before the use of the 700 series form is required.
- A trial-time period will be available to the states before the use of the ICAMA 700 series form is required. No data will be collected during this time.
States are asked to completed the Designee/ID (user name) form by April 17, 2013.
To read the ICAMA 700 Form memorandum click here.
If you have questions, please contact: Robyn Bockweg at: email@example.com.