AAICAMA—2012 Centennial Adoption Excellence Award Recipient
ICAMA 700 Forms Go Live
February 26th, 2015 begins a new era for AAICAMA. It is beginning the process of administering the ICAMA using a FISMA compliant custom designed worksite and database.
What does this mean to the children the ICAMA protects?
- It means that the flow of information between states is faster, more accurate and more secure than ever before
- It means that children will have fewer interruptions in receiving the services they need
- It means that adoptive and kin families can focus on what they do best—take care of the children
What does this mean to the ICAMA professionals and their states?
- It means that they can work more effectively
- It means that they can plan their workloads more efficiently
- It means that they will be able to do what they care about most—taking care of the children and their families
AAICAMA's Executive Committee was anxious to reflect its commitment to the new way the states will now conduct their ICAMA business. A new webpage was designed as a complete User Guide to the ICAMA Forms.
They invite you to go to: ICAMA FORMS USER GUIDE to read all the recent information about the forms.
AAICAMA's commitment to the efficient and effective transfer of information between states so children receive services without delay remains paramount.
AAICAMA is always thinking about how to do its work better—
the next round of discussions on improving the forms and the functionality of the database will take place at the National Meeting (March 23-26).
All states should have a place at the table.
If your state has not yet registered to attend, please do so right away. The information is below.
AAICAMA National Meeting: March 23 - 26, 2015 Arlington, VA
ICAMA Professionals :: Supporting Permanency Every Day
The sessions planned include:
- Training—ICAMA 700 Form: Improved ICAMA Administration
- Evaluation—ICAMA 700 Form: Next Generation
- Training—EPSDT and its Role in Accessing Psych Services for Children under Age 21
- Training—EPSDT and Title IV-E Adoption Assistance
- Training—SSI for Children with Adoption Assistance Agreements
- Training—Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program
- Training—Practitioner's Role in Obtaining Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Training—Federal Adoption and Guardianship Assistance Programs: Interstate Challenges
- Training—Using the Child Welfare Information Gateway
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Robyn Bockweg at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sixth Issue of AAICAMA's Practice Bulletin Released
The goal of Practice Bulletin is to provide:
—Responses to recurring questions about practice
—Resource Library for ICAMA professionals
Topic of Issue 6: Comparing the maximum ages under Fostering Connections (FC) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
To read Issue 6 of the Practice Bulletin click here.
To subscribe to the Practice Bulletin email your contact information to: email@example.com.
AAICAMA encourages all readers of the Practice Bulletin to send their ideas, advice and corrections to staff. Send your ideas and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the County
Need to know what county a family is in or moving to?
Use the search on the National Association of Counties website:
- City/County Search
- Choose 'Search for county by name of city'
- Choose 'Search for county by zip code
Congratulations to AAICAMA's 2015 Executive Committee
Diane Savage, Rhode Island (January 2014 - December 2015)
Adrian Owens, Georgia (January 2015 - December 2016)
BJ Miller Kirkland, West Virginia (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Jeri Boyle, Utah (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Brenda Duchow, Wisconsin (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Jennifer Kobel, Ohio (January 2014 - December 2015)
- Amy Smith, Michigan (January 2014 - December 2016)
- Connie Vigil, Colorado (January 2014 - December 2015)
- Rita White, Virginia (January 2014 - December 2015)
To download the complete Executive Committee list with contact information click here.
The 2014 Nominations and Election Committee
The Executive Committee, Secretariat staff, and all the members of AAICAMA would like to recognize the Nominations and Election Committee. They worked hard to present a terrific slate of talented ICAMA Professionals. Please be sure to thank the members of this hard-working group when you speak with them.
The committee members were:
- Connie Vigil (CO), Chair
- Kathy Brancaccio (VT), Vote Receipt and Tally
- Vicki Davis (TN)
- Chauneva Glenn Jones (FL)
- Jennifer Kobel (OH)