AAICAMA—2012 Centennial Adoption Excellence Award Recipient
Looking for ::Just the Facts:: on Medicaid?
AAICAMA has developed a new series— ::Just the Facts::
The first in this series is:
State Medicaid Obligations under Federal Law for Title IV-E Adoption Assistance
Below are a few of the 'facts':
- Separate, Medicaid applications for title IV-E eligibles is precluded by federal law.
- Redetermination of title IV-E adoption assistance is precluded by federal law.
- Medicaid eligibility redetermination is not required for title IV-E eligibles.
Each point is referenced by the appropriate legal citation
To download the complete document click here.
AAICAMA National Meeting
The National Meeting held in Oakland California was attended by 21 states.
The materials and description of the sessions can be found at the 2016 National Meeting tab
or click here.
AAICAMA convened its first ICAMA California Liaisons Meeting. 40 California Liaisons from all over the state attended.
The materials and description of the sessions can be found at the 2016 California ICAMA Liaisons tab
or click here.
AAICAMA Election ::
Meet the New Executive Committee!
Adrian Owens, Georgia (January 2016 - December 2017)
Diane Savage, Rhode Island (January 2016 - December 2016)
BJ Miller Kirkland, West Virginia (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Jeri Boyle, Utah (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Brenda Duchow, Wisconsin (January 2015 - December 2016)
- Chauneva Garlington, Florida (January 2016 - December 2017)
- Jennifer Kobel, Ohio (January 2016 - December 2017)
- Amy Smith, Michigan (January 2014 - December 2016)
- Connie Vigil, Colorado (January 2016 - December 2017)
To download the complete Executive Committee list with contact information click here.
New Practice Bulletin Released ::
Medicaid and Other Insurance
This new Practice Bulletin addresses the question: Can states require that parents or guardians place children eligible for adoption assistance or the title IV-E Guardianship Assistance Program on the family’s private, group health insurance?
Click here to read: Medicaid and Other Insurance, Issue 7, August 2015
Find the County
Need to know what county a family is in or moving to?
Use the search on the National Association of Counties website:
- City/County Search
- Choose 'Search for county by name of city'
- Choose 'Search for county by zip code