AAICAMA—2012 Centennial Adoption Excellence Award Recipient
New Practice Bulletin Released ::
Medicaid and Other Insurance
This new Practice Bulletin addresses the question: Can states require that parents or guardians place children eligible for adoption assistance or the title IV-E Guardianship Assistance Program on the family’s private, group health insurance?
Click here to read: Medicaid and Other Insurance, Issue 7, August 2015
AAICAMA Submits Comments ::
Notice for Public Comment on the Title IV-E Adoption Assistance Program’s Suspension and Termination Policies
AAICAMA held three all-state meetings to determine what policies and practices would best benefit both the children and the states if the authority to suspend title IV-E adoption assistance payments was given to the states.
Summary of AAICAMA's positions:
- AAICAMA members support the position that jurisdictions should have authority to suspend adoption assistance payments.
- AAICAMA members do not support any type of automatic trigger for suspension of adoption assistance payments.
- AAICAMA members urge that a suspension MUST begin with an assessment of the specific youth and the adoptive family situation and must consider the totality of the circumstances.
- AAICAMA members believe that in order to reinstate adoption assistance payments, both a parental response to the IV-E agency inquiry and an indication from the adoptive parent that they are actively involved with the youth and committed to resolving the circumstances that led to the suspension be required.
Click to read AAICAMA's complete response.
AAICAMA National Meeting
ICAMA Professionals :: Supporting Permanency Every Day
AAICAMA would like to thank the many excellent speakers who freely gave their time to present at its meeting. This generous collaboration and information sharing is a hallmark of people who choose Child Welfare as a profession.
Below are links to the fine presentations provided to the meeting participants. While the information is valuable, it's difficult to share the discussions we had with many of these presenters.
- Training—EPSDT and Mental Health Services: Adoptive Parent Perspective
- Training—EPSDT and Mental Health Services Access
- Training—SSI for Children with Adoption Assistance Agreements
- Training—Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program
- Training—Using the Child Welfare Information Gateway
- New Program—Adoption Competency Training
- VA Initiative—Virginia Successful Outcomes for Children and Youth
- DC Initiative—Implementing Trauma Informed Practice
- Research—Trauma Informed Care
- Research—Providing Post Adoption Services
Sixth Issue of AAICAMA's Practice Bulletin Released
The goal of Practice Bulletin is to provide:
—Responses to recurring questions about practice
—Resource Library for ICAMA professionals
Topic of Issue 6: Comparing the maximum ages under Fostering Connections (FC) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
To read Issue 6 of the Practice Bulletin click here.
To subscribe to the Practice Bulletin email your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAICAMA encourages all readers of the Practice Bulletin to send their ideas, advice and corrections to staff. Send your ideas and comments to: email@example.com.
Find the County
Need to know what county a family is in or moving to?
Use the search on the National Association of Counties website:
- City/County Search
- Choose 'Search for county by name of city'
- Choose 'Search for county by zip code